Tangerine miracle: 12 secrets of mandarin rind
Once mandarins were an attribute of a holiday or celebration, now they are present in the diet of everyone year-round. The orange fruit grown in warm climates is filled with solar energy, macro- and microelements, and vitamins necessary for the body daily. Not only tasty and juicy pulp is useful, but also peel, because it has a number of properties that can be used in cooking, medicinal, cosmetic and household purposes.
The composition of the rind of mandarin
The conditions and climate in the places where mandarin grows contribute to the accumulation in it of a large number of different substances necessary for a person to function properly. Eating a healthy fruit helps replenish the supply of these substances and maintain their balance at the required level.
The most useful substances in tangerine peel:
- Vitamin C is necessary in the fight against free radicals, the functioning of the immune and nervous system;
- Vitamin P - helps keep the walls of blood vessels elastic;
- Beta-carotene - a carotenoid, a plant pigment, a powerful antioxidant, stimulates the immune system;
- essential oil - improves the activity of the nervous system (helps with fatigue, stressful conditions), is effective in cosmetology;
- Hesperidin flavonoid - protects against viral infection, inhibits inflammation, reduces allergic reactions;
- nobiletin flavonoid - is involved in the prevention of type II diabetes, obesity, cancer;
- potassium - is involved in the normalization of pressure, the conversion of glucose to glycogen;
- pectins are necessary in metabolic processes and maintaining a normal weight.
Mandarin Peels - Health and Skin Benefits
The chemical composition of mandarin peels makes it possible to use them in various fields: health, skin care, cooking, use in everyday life.
An important condition for the effective use of tangerine peel is the quality of the fruit - the peel of fruits with signs of disease cannot be used. Before use, the skin must be washed well with soap or soda to wash off the substances with which the mandarin can be processed.
Due to its rich composition, the peel has long been successfully used in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. It can be used in dried and fresh form. Store dried crusts in closed containers.
- increased flatulence, violation of intestinal microflora - powder from dry crusts to add to food (1 tsp. At the reception);
- diseases of the upper respiratory tract, bronchitis - 2 tbsp. l crushed crusts (dry or fresh) + 2 tbsp. boiling water, boil on low heat for 5-7 minutes, insist 1 hour, reception before meals for ½ cup three times a day;
- phlegm with dry cough - for a week to insist in vodka (1 tbsp.) 2 tbsp. l crushed crusts, taking before meals 15-20 drops three times a day;
- stuffy nose with colds - breathe over hot water with skin of mandarins added to it (2-3);
- agitated after stress - brew black tea with dried crusts;
- foot fungus - wipe the affected areas with fresh skin twice a day.
With caution should be applied peel during exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases, kidneys. Those who are allergic to citrus, can not use the peel.
The high content of oils and vitamins in the peel of tangerines makes it useful in cosmetology. Cosmetic, prepared on the basis of a natural product, will bring the skin only benefit. At home you can prepare a scrub, cream, ointment, tonic.
- cleansing tangerine tonic - pour the skin with mineral water, insist 24 hours, wipe the skin once a day;
- refreshing tonic - skin 2-3 tangerines + skin ½ lemon + skin 1.5 oranges + sprig of mint + 1 tbsp. vodka, insist 12 days, strain, apply to fading, tired, dull skin, diluted with a small amount of mineral water before use;
- body scrub, face skin - dry crusted crusts to powder, use as a slurry, adding a little water;
- pigmentation scrub - mix equal parts of crushed tangerine and lemon peel, add the same amount of ground coffee (coffee grounds) and gel for washing, insist, rub into problem areas, wash off in a few minutes;
- wiping the nail plate of the hands and feet with fresh peel strengthens the nail, protects against a fungal infection;
- tangerine oil - pour fresh crushed fresh peel with olive oil for a week, use for massage, instead of moisturizing and nourishing cream;
- mask for dry skin - beat the chicken yolk, add a bit of powder from the crusts, sour cream (about ½ tsp), mix, apply, lightly rubbing, on the dry skin of the face, neck and decollete, after 20 minutes remove the remnants with a cotton disc and rinse with warm water;
- Cubes for washing - pour boiling water on the pelts, leave for about two hours, pour into ice molds and freeze.
Due to the content of essential oils, citrus flavor is well perceptible in any dish; therefore, they use dried peel, dry and fresh tangerine peel in hot and cold dishes, snacks, baked goods, and preservation.
Home-made candied fruits will be able to replace candies and even use them in small quantities.
- peel with 1 kg of mandarins;
- sugar - 0.8 kg;
- water - 300 ml;
- salt - a pinch.
Skins must first be prepared - free from white streaks, cut into strips (width 0.5-1 cm) and soak in salted cold water for 6 hours. Then drain the water, rinse under the tap and repeat the soaking. After that, squeeze out the water, dry.
- cook thick syrup;
- cook the crusts on low heat for about 10 minutes;
- remove from heat for 1 hour;
- cook again for 10 minutes on low heat;
- after cooling, drain the syrup, spread out the crusts on a baking sheet on paper and dry in an oven at 60 ° C regularly turning.
If you add a little cinnamon or vanilla to the syrup, the candied fruits will acquire a delicate, pleasant smell, in harmony with the citrus aroma.
Tangerine Peel Tea
Adding the peel to green or black tea gives it flavor, uplifting, improves the emotional state, and a beautiful jar with dried crusts creates comfort in the kitchen.
- 1-2 tsp in the teapot with the brew crushed fresh or dry peel, insist as usual;
- 2-3 tangerines peel boil in 500 ml of water + 3 tsp. brewing black tea + ½ tsp. cinnamon, insist 5 minutes, add some honey (sugar);
- 1 tbsp. l brewing green tea + 1 tsp rind or powder of dried mandarin (orange) peels + a few leaves of aromatic herbs (mint, lemon balm) + boiling water, leave for at least 5 minutes, add sugar or honey to taste.
Any of the recipes has a warming effect, saturates the body with vitamins, so these teas are good to use for colds, fatigue, reduced tone, loss of strength.
Tangerine Jam Crusts
Ingredients: 200 g of fresh crusts and 300 g of sugar.
How to cook:
- Peel beautifully cut into strips, squares, diamonds (as you like). To remove bitterness, soak the strips for 12 hours in cold water (change water several times) or pour three times with fresh boiling water for a quarter of an hour.
- After soaking, lay back on a sieve, let it drain, put it in a saucepan and cover with sugar. Be sure to mix and leave for a while, so that the sugar is saturated with moisture, then put on low heat. Cook with stirring for about 40 minutes. When the peels become transparent, and the syrup thickens - the jam is ready. Keep refrigerated.
You can add almonds and a little lemon peel during the cooking process - they will give the jam a specific taste and aroma. Almond jam is served with coffee, tea, added to pastries.
A drink made at home is as good as Fanta or Sprite, contains no preservatives or harmful additives, and sugar can be added to taste.
For cooking, you will need a peeled peel of 7-10 tangerines. First, pour boiling water over it (3 l) for a day, then pour the infusion, and grind the skins in a blender. Add the resulting gruel to the boiling infusion and leave for a day.
After infusion, squeeze 1-3 lemons in a saucepan and add sugar, focusing on your taste, bring to a boil and cool. Healthy and tasty drink is ready. If desired, it can be diluted with plain water or water with gas.
A simple cocktail of simple products improves metabolism, energizes, and helps reduce weight.
It is prepared from tangerine peel, removed from fresh crusts, banana pulp, ground flax seed (1-2 tbsp.) And celery (1-2 stalks). All grind in a blender (2 min) with the addition of a glass of water. Nutritious and delicious smoothies ready.
Powder from dry crusts is added to flavor in the dough, in meat dishes, in cream, dried peel is used in the decoration of cakes and pastries.
The use of crusts in everyday life
Mandarin peels for a long time retain their qualities in a dried form, so they can be used in everyday life in various perfumery means, for decorating a room, making fragrant sachets.
- fresh crust spread out on a saucer and use as an air freshener;
- when boiling crusts, the air in the room is saturated with a pleasant and fresh smell of mandarin;
- dry peels burn well and can be used when firing up the brazier;
- if the cat arranged the toilet next to the tray or in another place, then there need to decompose tangerine (lemon) peel - the smell will scare the animal;
- put dry crusts in linen bags and place them on the shelves of the linen closet, in the pantry for aroma and moth protection;
- Pour some water into the container, put tangerine peels and put in the microwave for 5 minutes (maximum power) or in the oven for 10 minutes, then wipe the walls with a napkin - the released oils help to clean the walls of grease and dirt.
Solar fruit - tangerine, can be called a tangerine miracle, because the properties of the flesh and rind are not always so well combined It must be regularly included in the diet of adults and children, and the use of pulp and peel will bring the maximum benefit to the body.
Magomed Sharipovich Aliev
I would like to subscribe to the newsletter. Tell me how? And thanks for the articles!