Today the theme is a honey drop tomato, reviews about it and a photo. The yield of this tomato, according to the manufacturers, is very high. But look at these fruits, it is really like a drop of sweet nectar, which flows beautifully and deliciously from the branches of a high stem. The variety has many advantages, and let's get to them. We will also tell about the method of cultivation.
This tomato can be grown not only for the harvest, but also for decorative decoration of your site. Tomatoes are high vines that can reach more than two meters. They look impressive, and at the same time all covered with sunny fruits. A honey drop was created by Russian breeders. It has many advantages, among which there is a good yield and resistance to diseases.
But you will have to tinker with this tomato, as it needs to make strong supports in advance, do not forget the stepson. The variety is suitable for growing in greenhouse conditions, but if you are a resident of warm regions with a long summer period, you can easily plant this tomato on the street. But for a temperate climate, the tomato is not suitable, because in the open ground it does not have time to form ovaries and fruits.
Tomato "Honey drop." Characteristics and description of the variety
- Indeterminate view. Not a standard plant. Height over 2 meters.
- Medium early ripening in greenhouses.
- Highly resistant tomato to viral and fungal diseases.
- It has impressive, large leaves. They are something like a potato.
- Fruit variety until autumn.
- Tomatoes have a yellow, rich color. They are very tasty and fragrant, for which they are valued by summer residents.
- This tomato forms the crop in clusters, where 10-15 tomatoes are harvested. Fruits are small, which is convenient for whole canning.
- Another big plus of the honey drop “Honey drop” is an excellent germination of seeds. You get seedlings from 95-98% of seeds. At the same time, you can grow crops for the next season from the seeds that were harvested in advance from your own harvest.
- The variety has a universal table purpose - it is delicious fresh, it makes aromatic and appetizing salads. And, of course, the appearance of the cooked dish will be attractive due to the small rich yellow tomatoes. There are sweet notes in taste that resemble the taste of honey, they are juicy, which is not always the case with small-fruited varieties.
- The weight of tomatoes is 10-20 grams, sometimes it can be 30 grams by weight of the crop. The shape of the fruit is pear-shaped.
- Seeds in tomatoes are average.
- Tomatoes contain a lot of sugars, therefore they are suitable for feeding children.
- Fruits are resilient, therefore they can be transported well, and due to high yield, a profitable variety for sale.
According to reviews of housewives, canned yellow small fruits are best with red varieties with small tomatoes. So, the banks look very beautiful, and the combination of tastes is perfect.
So we learned the characteristics of the tomato “Honey drop”, and it can be concluded that this variety is worthy of being in our garden beds. Of course, in order to grow it, you need to know some of the nuances, and, in general, agricultural techniques. Information was also useful to those who are going to buy seedlings, but he knows little about varieties. Now you can safely choose this tomato, if you have a greenhouse on the plot.By tradition, we always tell you everything you might know about this or that tomato. Let's see how to grow the “Honey drop” in your greenhouse.
See also: Tomato "Rocket" reviews, photos, yield
Agrotechnology. Honey Drop Tomato
Crops are better to start in the first decade of March. Dates each year will be different if you look at the lunar calendar, and it is just necessary to look at it. Seeds of this variety can be bought even with an exposure of two to three years, and they will still have the maximum germination capacity, of course, if the manufacturer was honest. You can also use your seed if you have it.
Be sure to seed you need to pickle. To do this, you direct a weak solution of potassium permanganate, or you can also use hydrogen peroxide. Soaking is done for 15-20 minutes, after which the seeds are washed with warm water and dried for 1-2 weeks before planting. Now you need to prepare a good ground. You can simply buy it in the finished composition, it is usually optimal and suitable for vegetable crops to the maximum, but you can make such a soil - they rush the earth from the vegetable garden, with vermiculite and humus. Be sure to spill boiling water before sowing to disinfect. This also brings a little potash fertilizer and superphosphate.
Seeds are sown in a container to a depth of a centimeter, covered with a film, and then placed in a temperature of 22-25 degrees. When the seedlings are raised, they dive with 2-3 leaves, they also regularly monitor the soil moisture - irrigation should be only warm and defended water. Before transfer to the greenhouse, seedlings are fed 1-2 times with a complex preparation.
Before transferring to a permanent place, which will be about 1-2 decade of May, the seedlings are hardened for 2 weeks. At this time, the soil is prepared in a greenhouse - it is dug up, shed with boiling water, also pickled and process the entire greenhouse as a whole. Holes do at a distance of 50 cm from each other, and already immediately prepare the support. Row spacing - 70 cm.
After eggplant and pepper, this variety is better not to plant, and the soil is changed every year. In the hole they pour humus and sand. After transfer to the greenhouse, tomatoes are not fed for two weeks. Water every 5-6 days, be sure to loosen and air the room after. This variety is formed in 1-2 stems, that is, either by removing all stepchildren, or by leaving one in the upper sinus. Do not overfeed with nitrogen fertilizers, as the greens will grow, not the fruits. When the tomatoes begin to form, it is necessary to ensure that the branches do not break under the weight of the crop, put support on time.
During the picking, the main root is better to pinch. So, your seedlings will develop better in the future.
Supplements are made every 14 days. It is best to alternate between organic and complex mineral preparation. Organic - manure, chicken droppings, compost. At the same time, in our time, natural fertilizers can be bought dry in a package, and then diluted according to the instructions. Now, in general, many alternative drugs that do not spoil the harvest, if we talk about its environmental friendliness. Potassium fertilizers have the best effect on fruit ripening. It is important to note that bushes can hurt if there are tomatoes or crops that are infected nearby. Therefore, we talked about the fact that the seeds of tomatoes “Honey drop” need to be pickled before planting, also monitor the quality of the soil, and it is best to periodically spray the seedlings in the greenhouse with antifungal biological preparations. There are a lot of them on sale.
To scare off insects, spill your plantings with infusion on celandine or black pepper. Most pests do not like the smell of weeds, herbs, smelling spices.
Now you know everything that you may need during the cultivation of this variety. There are no major difficulties, the main thing is to know some nuances and look into the lunar sowing calendar of the gardener.