Each gardener annually grows his favorite varieties in the garden, but the wise gardener is constantly on the lookout.
Every day there are more and more varieties and hybrids of tomatoes. It is necessary to monitor the selection of new products annually and constantly updated catalog of tomatoes will help to cope with this task.
To work with the catalog quickly and productively it is necessary to understand what kind of tomatoes are. Classification of types of groups and varieties is carried out according to the following principle:
- Indeterminate - such tomatoes have not limited growth. Since this culture is a multi-year one, when creating optimal conditions for it, it can grow until such time as someone or something doesn’t pinch a growth point.
According to reviews of vegetable growers, this type of tomato is the most fruitful, and its fruits are the most delicious;
- Determinant - low-growing, short varieties and hybrids, which complete their growth with inflorescences, and they form 5-6. The height of this form is from 40-150 cm. The photo of such plants clearly demonstrates compactness.
- Semi-determinant - The height of this form can be within 2 m, and having laid 9-12 inflorescences on the main shoot, they “mast” themselves.
- Superderminant - very low-growing plants, as a rule, not higher than 50 cm, having the form of a bush. Form 2-3 brushes on the shoot.
- Standard - a kind of determinant. The method of formation makes of the bush "tree" on the trunk (leg). Not high, productive, convenient in service.
- Very early or ultra early - Such tomatoes begin to bear fruit at 60-70 days after germination. As a rule, give the crop quickly and together;
- Early or early ripe - their terms are 70-90 days after full germination;
- Medium early - from tomatoes of this group we will receive a harvest in 90-100 days;
- Mid or mid-season - these tomatoes ripen in 100-110 days;
- Middle late will be pleased with the fruits in 110-120 days;
- Late or late ripening will give fruits for 120-130 days.
- Salad - these tomatoes are usually large and very large sizes, with excellent taste.
- For processing on tomato products - varieties of such tomatoes were bred by a special order of production workers. Tomatoes are high in dry matter, dense and transportable.
- For canning - the main condition for this group of tomatoes is not cracking under the action of high temperatures. When preserved, they perfectly keep their shape and integrity;
- Universal destination - these tomatoes can be used both for salad and for processing or canning.
Photos and descriptions of the varieties that accompany the heading, as well as reviews of those who have already grown, will help to fully determine the choice and get a great harvest of tasty vegetables.
- The best hybrids of tomatoes with photos and descriptions (71)
- Tomato varieties with photos and descriptions (184)