How profitable to keep chickens? Difficult to answer. Yes, and opinions are mixed. Someone admires this business, saying that the loss can be the most minimal, and so is the time and money spent. Yes, and such content is beneficial - the product is eco-friendly, you can earn good money on eggs and meat. However, villagers who know firsthand what bird breeding is, dispel most myths. So who to believe? Let's soberly assess the situation.
The choice of premises and the cost of its arrangement
Before you start a chicken, you need to carefully consider where we will keep them. And even if there is a shed in the yard, this does not mean that he will pass for the house. Unless to be engaged in arrangement.
So, the first point in the cost - the arrangement of the chicken coop. It can be rented, bought, built. If there is any barn, it will also come down, but first you need to prepare it, at least to warm the walls. If you want to do construction, stick to the plan:
- Dig 4 logs in the corners of the future construction. Note that the height of the coop should be approximately two meters.
- On both sides of the rack sew up the boards and cover the roof. The ideal option - pitched roof.
- Put insulation between sawdust, sawdust, straw, leaves, etc. between the boards. To keep mice away from it, you need to add lime (1 part to 25 parts of insulation).
- To warm the floor.
It is desirable that the henhouse were windows and a source of artificial lighting. In this case, the windows should be located in the south side. There must be a manhole for chickens so that they can freely go out. Consider the issue of ventilation, for this you can arrange a window. A perch is built along the back wall of the house. The drinker and the feeder are placed on the side walls.
Nests deserve special attention. From can be made in the form of shelves, and it is possible to use boxes for these purposes. Straw is sure to creep into them.
The more chickens you plan to have, the more nests you will need.
Purchase of layers
You can buy both chickens and young chickens, about 17 weeks old. It is better to purchase livestock from reliable suppliers and not to choose where it is cheaper - this is not the option to save on. Laying eggs are already given during their puberty. The latter depends on several important conditions. So, the sexual maturation of the hens is affected by:
- Breed. If the breed is egg (Hisex white, Loman Brown), then the first eggs will be after 4.5 months. The meaty breeds carry eggs six months later, meat - after 8 months.
- Conditions of detention. The area of the chicken coop should be sufficient, at least 5 square meters should be calculated for 5 heads. Also, the hens should be released every day on the street, and the period of their wakefulness should be at least 13 hours.
- Feeding. You can not feed the chickens only feed. Greens, vegetables and supplements must be present in the diet.
As for the price, it can vary depending on the breed, age and other indicators. On average, a two-week chicken costs about 100 rubles.
Perhaps this is the most costly item in a business plan. For example, consider the proper nutrition of domestic chickens, which is often used by rural residents. Thus, the daily ration consists of “wet” and “dry” feeding.
The first meal at the rate of 15 chickens - we cook something like soup from the cheapest fish (sprats, kilka, hams) - about 25 rubles a day (80-85 rubles / kg.) + Wheat bran (one liter jar with a hill - that is, almost 300 g at 13 rubles / kg) + whole grains. In the same mixture, I recommend adding any vegetables that are on the farm. Well, let + 20 more rubles / day.
Evening reception - whole grain. About a liter pot of 15 chickens, that is, 1.5 kg (about 15 rubles kg.)
Let's now calculate how much money a day goes to feed one chicken:
(25 (fish) + 20 (vegetables) + 3.5 (bran) + 22.5 (grain) / 15 (chickens) - 3.7 rubles.
To this sum it is worth adding also electricity and some bio-additives, for example, chalk and vitamins. That is, one chicken accounts for at least 4 rubles per day. The calculated amount, based on the fact that all products are bought, not grown. In the latter case, the amount may be lower.
In recalculation on eggs - a dozen will cost around 70-75 rubles. With the current cost of 120-130 rubles - this is a good savings.
Thus, if you adjust the sale of eggs, you can have a steady income. Additionally, you can earn on the sale of chicken meat, chickens, as well as chicken manure, which is valued as an excellent fertilizer.