Birch tar for processing strawberries and strawberries is a time-tested folk remedy. It helps in the fight against pests, diseases. He proved himself that he does not harm either people or plants. This is a natural substance, and the effect of its use persists for a month. If strawberries are properly cared for and treated in time with special means, including for prevention, you will be able to avoid many problems.
Use of tar
Its use in agronomy is quite justified. For many years, people who are fond of growing strawberries in their gardens use birch tar to control pests, various diseases that this crop often suffers.
Tar is a complex substance that is formed during the decomposition of wood. The best recognized substance from birch. It is extracted from birch bark, therefore it is called birch or birch.
Tar in no case can not be combined with synthetic drugs. Even to store in closed form in the same room they can not. On the contrary, natural substances interact very well with tar, they even enhance the effect of each other.
The advantages of the tool:
- the solution acts on wide groups of pests from insects, to moles, and hares;
- work does not require expensive equipment;
- it is safe, only gauze bandage and gloves are needed to work with it;
- acts for a very long time, up to a month;
- can be used without contact, without affecting the crop.
Contraindications for use in the garden are not available.
The composition of the infernal mixture includes:
- Birch tar;
- laundry soap;
- boric acid;
- 200 milliliters of fir oil.
First you need to prepare a concentrated solution.:
- You will need a tank of ten liters of water. Finish with water a teaspoon of iodine, then half a teaspoon of boric acid and two tablespoons of tar.
- Next, add the melted soap and mix everything very well.
- When the solution is ready, it must be added to the container from which the plants will be watered. For ten liters of pure water take half a liter of concentrate.
This mixture can not only water the plants, but also to spray garden trees as well.
There are no exact rules for using the solution. This may be the addition of tar in water for irrigation, spraying with a solution, you can soak something with the composition and place it around the perimeter of the site. Usually, all spraying done before flowering, or after the formation of the fruit, but before it ripens.
Birch tar belongs to the substances of the third class of danger. Keep it out of the reach of children.
Since it is much easier to prevent pests from attacking the plant than to subsequently get rid of them, it is recommended that preventive measures be taken in the springtime and up to fruit ripening. Not only strawberries can be treated with birch tar solution. He will save the whole garden, and garden trees as well.