Helping to choose excellent varieties of tomatoes is our task, so we collect for you complete information about different types of crops, telling what their advantages and disadvantages are. Further, it is up to you to decide which tomato you will grow in the new season. Today again, a new tomato, and now it will definitely surprise you and your friends. In addition, he has many advantages, although he will also have to be patted, but for a summer resident, these are pleasant things. So, in this article you will get acquainted with the tomatoes "Wonder of the World", reviews about them and photos.
There are tomatoes unremarkable, standard in taste, in appearance, but our tomato doesn’t belong to them exactly. Every summer resident who decided to plant him was amazed by his appearance. You yourself look at the photo, they say a lot. These solar fruits belong to the "Wonder of the World." The name corresponds to the picture, and our breeders brought it. This event happened back in 2002, but over the years, the popularity of tomato has only increased.
This variety has its advantages, there are some disadvantages. The latter is a difficult agronomy. But for someone, all these cultivation activities have long become familiar, so you should not be afraid. “Wonder of the World” is a standard plant that can be grown in greenhouses and on open ground. In the first case, the harvest is always greater, and the bushes are protected from the wind, which can break them. You can compensate this deficiency on the street with a good trellis or other supports.
Of course, the appearance is not the only strong point of the tomato. It is famous for very high yield, the numbers we note in the characteristics. This is an independent variety, and some gardeners grow it to decorate the site. Speaking about the “Wonder of the World” tomato and its description, we should note one more big plus - it is high resistance to diseases and weather adversities, namely, in the dry summer you will all be with the harvest early. It is possible to grow tomatoes in greenhouses in all regions of our country. If we talk about open ground, it is south and temperate climate.
Tomato "Wonder of the World." Characteristics and description of the variety
- Refers to indeterminate species. The culture stem can reach more than 210 cm.
- It has an average ripening time. The first harvest you can get after sowing seedlings in about 100-110 days.
- Fruits have a bright, saturated, yellow color. They are very unusual and look solemn on the garden beds. Summer residents have noted that tomatoes "Wonder of the World" in their form resemble lemons.
- The fruits are compact in size - 70-100 grams. It is very convenient to preserve them as a whole. In addition, all the dishes and winter twist, including, look very aesthetically pleasing and appetizing thanks to yellow tomatoes.
- The flesh inside has a dense structure, it is quite fleshy. The skin itself is also thick, but not hard during the meal. It keeps tomatoes from cracking.
- There are few seeds in tomatoes, they are located in 3-4 chambers.
- Very good harvest is stored and easily transported over long distances. Due to the high yield, beautiful appearance, long shelf life "Wonder of the World" is great for growing for sale.
- One bushes can produce up to 12 kg of fruit. From one meter, where it is recommended to plant no more than three bushes of this variety, you can get up to 36 or more kilograms of crop.
- A big plus of tomato is that these fruits contain a lot of vitamins. Here are in the balance of acid, sugar.Therefore, eating fresh or making juice from the “Wonder of the World” is a pleasure, besides also great health benefits.
- The fruits are very tasty, fragrant. Most yellow or orange tomatoes are always tastier and sweeter than red species.
- Props are required not only for the stem itself, but also for the branches with fruits, since there are a lot of them on the hands.
- It has a high resistance to many tomato diseases, but the mosaic and brown spotting of the variety can strike. How to fight will be described in the agrotechnology of cultivation.
So, how do you like this “Miracle of the World” tomato? Description of the variety and photos show it well, but we already said that the reviews are very, very worthy. Growing this tomato, you will definitely be satisfied, but about the nuances that you better follow, we will tell further.
Agricultural technology "Wonder of the World"
We have said earlier that this tomato is best to grow in greenhouses, because it is afraid of the wind. If you do not have it, then choose the most closed from the wind and draft place on the site. Sowing seeds for seedlings can start from the second decade of March to April. Seeds are better treated in potassium permanganate before sowing, this gives them additional immunity, you remember that a couple of diseases can still affect the bushes.
The most convenient way to plant seeds in peat pots. This will facilitate your work and save time. Firstly, you do not need a picking, when the seedlings are particularly affected, and, secondly, you plant seedlings immediately in these pots in the ground. Again, the root system will not suffer and will adapt to new conditions for a long time, which means that the tomato will start to bear fruit faster and be stronger. With regards to the soil, the humus, garden soil, sand with the addition of potassium phosphate fertilizer is quite suitable. You can simply buy a universal primer in the store. You can replace the fertilizer with wood ash. Crops you moisturize and cover with a film, until the seeds do not proklyutsya.
Further, there are no difficulties. The main thing for seedlings is light, watering, turning, so that the stalks do not bend to the side. In the greenhouse you can transfer the seedlings around the beginning of May or the middle, on the street in early June. Immediately tie up the seedlings. This tomato you will need to pinch and form, preferably in two stalks. That is, you lead the main stem and another stepchild in the uppermost sinus to the right or left. Everything else is deleted about once every 7-10 days.
Fertilizing will need 3-4 per season, you need to give preference to potassium and phosphorus. In order for the crop to be higher, it is necessary not only to form the stem, but also to ventilate the greenhouse for access of oxygen and insects, and also to shake off slightly the flowers. If insects appeared in the greenhouses, then spider mite and whitefly are dangerous to the “Wonder of the World”. They are struggling with the help of Confidor. On the street, Medvedka most often hurts, it is exterminated by means of deep weeding, putting red and black pepper back into the hole. Also from insects can handle bushes with a mild soap solution.
If the mosaic struck, then it is better to remove the diseased parts of the plant immediately, and to shed the cuts with potassium permanganate. Also, a weak solution can be periodically used for spraying. Hot water with manganese is poured onto the site before transferring the seedlings, which also kills the pathogenic environment. If spotting struck, then “Zaslon” is an aid to you, a good and effective drug. These are the main techniques, and they will help you grow a “Wonder of the World” tomato, according to reviews that the photo is very good. Well, the yield here is really amazing.
Growing your vegetables, fruits, and berries on the plot is a great joy for the cottager and his family. Its harvest is always clean in terms of ecology, and it seems tastier than the purchased one.