One of the latest developments of Ural scientists is a hybrid tomato “Tretyakovsky f1”, which, according to gardeners, attracts with its taste and unforgettable appearance. This is a hybrid with a medium term ripening.
The plant is tall. Most gardeners prefer to plant it in a protected ground. Tomato "Tretyakovsky f1", according to their reviews, attracts, first of all, appearance, beautiful crimson color with small fruits (this can be seen in the photo), as well as high yield - up to 15 kg per square meter.
The variety has become a real discovery of recent years. It was made attractive by the combination of increased resistance to adverse weather conditions, shade tolerance and excellent taste.
Get to know the Tretyakovsky f1 tomato, its characteristics and variety description.
Characteristics and description
- A tall plant that is in a greenhouse, requires the formation of a stem. Since the tomato is an indeterminate type, the summer resident himself determines its height by pinching the tops depending on the number of ovaries and weather conditions.
- The plant is characterized by powerful, rather leafy sprouts. The formation of inflorescences occurs through three leaf plates. Hybrid refers to the clove tomatoes, in which the fruits in the hand ripen almost simultaneously. Smooth in size, round fruits are compactly arranged in brushes of 7-9 pieces.
- Shadow-tolerant shrub, temperature fluctuations have little effect on the number of ovaries formed.
We also recommend to read: Classic variety of tomatoes "Cardinal"
- The average weight is 100-130 grams.
- The color is dark - crimson, very elegant.
- The fruit has a round, slightly flattened shape.
- The flesh is juicy, sugary, with an unforgettable tomato flavor.
- The fruits are universal in use.
- According to the content in the fruits of carotene, selenium and lycopene, the tomato can be attributed to medicinal.
- High quality and transportability, despite the rather thin skin, can be used for commercial purposes.
- Fruits do not crack
Pros and cons varieties
Tomato variety “Tretyakovsky f1”, according to reviews of vegetable growers, can be grown both in open and in protected ground, but for the most efficient use, they prefer greenhouses, in which the best properties of the hybrid are manifested:
- High yield. When grown in a greenhouse eat from the bush reaches 5-6kg.
- Shade tolerance.
- Immunity to pathogens of fusarium, tobacco mosaic and cladosporia.
- Resistance to temperature extremes.
- Prolonged fruiting in the greenhouse, until the first autumn cold.
- Universal use of fruits, suitable for excellent taste, for fresh use and in the form of canned food.
The gardeners include some fragility of the stems, which manifests itself in tall plants, if they are not tied tightly enough in the greenhouse, as well as the need to carefully monitor the growth of stepsons, it is necessary to form a bush, leaving no more than 3 stems to the disadvantages of the variety.
Features of growing and care
An important factor influencing the maximum yield of tomatoes is the presowing seed preparation, which consists of treating the seeds with a solution of potassium permanganate or other means of disinfection and various growth stimulants.
Many companies that offer seeds now produce seeds that have already undergone preplant treatment. On the packet with seeds, the fact of processing is usually indicated. Soaking such seeds is not recommended.
Land for planting, crates and pots gardeners usually prepare in advance. The composition of the soil for growing seedlings includes garden soil with the addition of compost and ash. The prepared soil should be loose and light. If the soil is clay in the area add peat or sand.
All about growing tomatoes, read here: Tomatoes: growing and care
If necessary, the land is subjected to disinfection. Her calcined in the oven or freeze, exposing it to frost.
Sowing of seeds is started in March, depending on the growing area, so that the prepared seedlings at the time of planting have a strong stalk, well-developed leaves and roots. Seeds are sown at a distance of 2-3 cm from each other into a ready-made moistened soil mixture.
Seeds only sprinkle lightly with earth and firmly with palms.
Boxes with seedlings covered with a film or newspaper, and put in a warm place (approximately 22-25grad.). As soon as shoots appear, the boxes are placed in the most lighted place. For healthy seedlings you need:
- Water the seedlings very carefully, not overwetting.
- In order for the seedlings not to stretch, if necessary, add artificial lighting.
- In order for the seedlings to be strong, the temperature is maintained for the first week: in the daytime - 15-16 degrees, at night - 12-13 degrees.
- A week later, the temperature is gradually increased, bringing to 20-22 degrees in the daytime, and to 16-18 degrees at night.
After the appearance of several true leaves of the plant are transplanted into more capacious boxes at a distance of 15-20 cm from each other or pots. The first fertilizing with mineral fertilizers is carried out in one to two weeks after transplantation.
After the onset of stable heat, summer residents growing tomatoes Tretyakovsky f1, prepare the beds and greenhouses for planting seedlings. The land intended for the cultivation of tomatoes is usually cultivated in the autumn - it is limelified, because tomatoes do not tolerate acidic soils, it is sown with sidderatami for recovery.
The distance between the holes for planting seedlings is about 50 cm. Fertilizers are added to the prepared wells and watered. Seedlings are planted with a clod of earth in a moist land.
Use for cooking land for tomatoes only well-rotted compost.
The subsequent care of tomatoes includes:
- Watering seedlings once a week, preferably at the root.
- Weeding and loosening the soil.
- Top-dressing with complex fertilizer, preferably with microelements, 3-4 times.
- Top dressing with green manure (diluted 1:10 with mullein extract with rotted grass).
- Formation of a plant in 2-3 stalks, followed by a garter to a support.
- Destruction of extra stepchildren.
All types of dressings must be carried out only after a rich soil moisture.
Tomato "Tretyakovsky f1", like all other tomatoes poorly tolerates moist air. To reduce humidity, many gardeners provide drip irrigation and watering in containers directly near the root system of plants in greenhouses. Greenhouses are supplied with vents that allow you to adjust the temperature and humidity inside the greenhouse.
Unconditional benefit comes from the use of mulching in greenhouses, due to which the soil retains moisture longer and is protected from weeds.
Diseases and pests of tomatoes
Like many hybrids, a tomato is resistant to most fungal diseases, while adhering to the rules of agricultural engineering, but with the threat of late blight disease, it needs preventive treatment with phytosporin or its analogs.
The main pests of tomato in the greenhouse are slugs and Colorado beetles, which are usually destroyed mechanically.
According to responses of summer residents, who in past seasons met the Tretyakovsky f1 tomato, the main thing that the variety remembers is its delightful appearance and taste with a very significant harvest.
Video: 9 Secrets to a Good Harvest Tomato