The market today offers a large number of hybrid varieties of tomatoes. There is, of course, a big shortage of them, the seeds must be purchased new each year. But you can, leaving a place for hybrids, to experiment, select what grows well in your area and has the qualities you need.
The proposed Pink Paradise F1 hybrid is a rather rare experience of Japanese breeders. Like most hybrids, the plant combines the best features of famous varieties of tomatoes.
Take a closer look at the Pink Paradise F1 tomato with its characteristics and variety description.
- Pink Paradise F1 Hybrid - designed for cultivation both in closed and open ground.
- The plant is indeterminate, that is, with an unlimited growth point. In greenhouses reaches a height of 2 m, medium maturity.
- Uniform ripening of fruits occurs in 110 - 120 days after sowing the seeds. High-yielding variety - up to 4.5 kg per 1 sq.m.
- Comparing the results of growing tomatoes in open and protected ground, the experimenters came to the conclusion that planting in the greenhouse is more efficient.
- The plant's bush is very powerful, densely leafy, in the greenhouse it requires companion stitching, thinning and garters. Usually formed in 1 - 2 stem. When grown in open ground grows to 120cm.
Tomatoes "Pink Paradise F1", according to reviews, differs from most tomatoes by the unusual pink color of the fruit, it is clearly seen in the photo of the bush.
- The bulk of the fruit from 120 to 140 g, the largest fruits reach 200 g
- Fruits of bright pink color, have very elegant appearance.
- The flesh is juicy, sweet.
- Fruit shape leveled, rounded.
- Tomato is not prone to cracking.
- The skin is thin, but, despite this, well protects the dense flesh from damage.
- Long retain the presentation.
- Well tolerated transportation.
Pink Paradise F1 tomatoes are used both in fresh form - for the preparation of salads, other vegetable dishes, and for preparing various kinds of canned foods - pickles, juices, ketchups, tomato paste. Banks with bright pink tomato fruits have a very attractive appearance.
The main advantages of a hybrid
- High yield.
- Good tolerance of temperature drops (except for frosts).
- Undemanding care.
- Excellent taste of the fruit.
- Resistance to various diseases of tomatoes.
The lack of variety can be attributed to the need for careful thinning of the bush, as when grown in a greenhouse, plants can shade and overwhelm each other.
Features of Tomato "Pink Paradise F1"
One of the factors affecting the production of a successful tomato crop is the preparation of seed material. Usually the seeds are treated with a pink solution of potassium permanganate and various growth stimulants.
At present, the seeds of many companies, including the seeds of the Pink Paradise F1 tomato, go on sale ready for planting, after special treatment. The fact that presowing treatment is usually indicated on the package with seeds. Soak these seeds is not required.
Land for planting is procured in advance, usually in the fall.
It is not recommended to use the land on which tomatoes or potatoes were grown in the summer to grow tomato seedlings.
Preference is given to a mixture of turf land and peat with the addition of ash. If you use the land from the garden, make sure that it is not infected with pests.
If you are not sure about the quality of the soil, there are two main ways of its disinfection - freezing and calcining. Freezing can be carried out by putting a box with the ground on the street, and for roasting it is enough to use the oven.
The prepared soil should be light and loose. It is not allowed to add in it uncured manure.
The prepared ground in the boxes is moistened, shallow grooves are made and seeds are sown at a distance of 15-20 mm from each other.
It is not recommended to cover the seeds with a thick layer of soil. Before the emergence of seedlings, it is preferable to keep the crates in a warm place (22-25 degrees) covered with a film or newspaper.
Immediately after the appearance of the first shoots, the seedlings of tomatoes are exposed to the brightest place, if this is not done, the seedlings will stretch, which is completely undesirable.
At the first stage of growing seedlings it is necessary:
- Do not over-moisten the soil, water it very carefully, as the shoots can get a black leg - rot.
- Maintain temperature in the room.
- With insufficient natural light add artificial.
After the appearance of two true leaves:
- Seedlings dive in peat pots or other containers, or seated in larger boxes, leaving a distance between plants of 10 - 15 cm.
- To accustom plants to more severe conditions, seedlings are hardened, exposing periodically to greenhouses or closed loggias.
Fertilizing seedlings with mineral fertilizer is carried out only 7–10 days after transplantation.
Transplant into the ground
Nevertheless, try to experiment - leave a part of the seedlings for planting in open ground. Maybe you will find a way to improve the yield of the hybrid with your own special agri-practices?
Before planting plants in the greenhouse, pay attention to the following points:
- It is necessary to prepare the ground in the greenhouse in the fall - to produce a limestone, it is advisable to plant green manure
- Place for seedlings only after other cultures (if possible).
- The distance between plants should be at least 50cm.
- When preparing the wells, apply compost and mineral fertilizers. Do not use in the preparation of the land for the tomatoes fresh or unrepaired manure.
Caring for plants in the greenhouse includes the usual procedures - watering and weeding. Watering in the warm season is carried out 1 - 2 times a week.
Watering tomatoes in the greenhouse is desirable to produce at the root. Tomatoes prefer high soil moisture and low air humidity.
On sunny days, moisture entering the plants can cause burns, which then appear as yellow spots on the leaves.
To achieve low air humidity, it is advisable to keep the greenhouse on airing during the warm time of the day.
Another way to maintain high soil moisture and low air humidity is soil mulching.Mulch protects the soil from drying out and makes it impossible for weeds to grow.
In the process of vegetation, plants need fertilizing with mineral fertilizers 3-4 times during the whole vegetation period, and during the period of gaining green mass, fertilizing is obligatory with green fertilizer (fermented herbal infusion, which is infused for 7 - 10 days).
It is recommended to carry out top dressing only after watering!
In order to properly form a plant, do not feel sorry for the stepchildren - trim all unnecessary, form no more than 2 stems.
Thickened planting will not give an increase in yield, but will only reduce it due to shading plants, in addition, thickened planting often cause various diseases.
Tomato "Pink Paradise F1" - a very productive plant each brush carries 5 - 6 fruits. Therefore, do not forget about the trellis or any other support, to which you can make a garter of the stem or fruit brushes.
When cool weather sets in, in order to ensure the maturity of the bulk of the fruit, pinch the top of the stem and remove excess flowers and small fruits.
Diseases and pests
Despite the fact that the plant is resistant to many fungal diseases, it still needs some protection. When a threat of late blight appears, it is advisable to process tomatoes with phytosporin or another biological product.
Pests, too, do not avoid tomatoes. In the greenhouse you can find slugs, and in the period when the potatoes have not yet risen, and the Colorado potato beetle.
Since the invasion of pests is usually not widespread, most gardeners are mechanically managed to control them - they are manually cleaned.
The Pink Paradise F1 Hybrid is still very young - it was bred by Japanese breeders in 2009. Since that time, thanks to his taste, simplicity and productivity, he has found many admirers, both in our country and abroad. In 2011, at the seminar of vegetable growers, the hybrid was officially marked as one of the best pink varieties.
Video review of the Pink Paradise F1 tomato variety