We are talking about tomatoes, so we will not break the tradition. So, you see, it is pleasant to engage in gardening when you know that now there are tomatoes for every taste. Need more yield, please. I want to do just the least, there is also a choice, and if a beginner is worried about failure, then there will always be a variety for him that will show that the dacha can, however, be enjoyable. We will tell today about a very interesting tomato, which will appeal to everyone, even gourmets who have little to no surprise. All thanks to the unusual shape of the fruit, excellent taste and high yield - this is the tomato "Eagle Beak". You will find out the description of the variety, while looking at the photos, the reviews of the gardeners are always positive, because it is pleasant to even see such fruits. The name, by the way, the breeders have chosen very accurately.
The “Eagle's Beak” is the work of breeders from Russia. Tomato is very popular, and there is something for him to love. He has a lot of advantages, among which are excellent yield, fruit quality, unpretentiousness, and even good disease resistance. This variety can be grown for sale in many regions, the return is excellent.
If you want to learn about the minuses, then this is what bushes of this tomato need open space, they are powerful and spreading. Also have to take care of the supports and the formation. But such agronomic techniques are common to most large-fruited, productive varieties.
Tomato "Eagle beak". Characteristics and description of the variety
- Refers to semi-determinant varieties.
- The height of the bush can reach one and a half meters, so you need a garter. At the same time, the branches are powerful, scattered to the sides, supports will also be needed during fruiting.
- Large-fruited tomato - the weight of fruits can reach 800 grams.
- Harvest variety - more than 8 kg of tomatoes can be obtained from one bush.
- Fruits have an unusual appearance, resemble a bird's beak in shape, the skin color is red with an orange overflow.
- It is resistant to the major diseases of nightshade.
- Requires molding and pasynkovanie.
- The flesh is very juicy, which is suitable for making juices.
- Universal table appointment - a grade for salads, preparations, sauces, pastes. Such tomatoes can be used for decorating dishes due to their unusual shape.
- The first yields are always greater in mass than the next fruits. On average, tomatoes weighing 300-400 grams.
- Tomatoes are fragrant and sweet, with few seeds.
- Non-hybrid view, because you can sow seeds for next year.
- Dense skin does not allow the tomatoes to burst.
Agree, a lot of advantages, well, and minuses in the form of small troubles are worth it to see wonderful, unusual tomatoes on your table. They will delight the family, will surprise their dacha neighbor. You met “To Eagle's Beak” tomato, found out about the responses, looked at the photos. Productivity will please even the fastidious gardeners, well, we turn to the cultivation technique itself.
Agrotechnology. Tomato "Eagle beak"
The technique is quite simple. Crops start from March to April. Presowing treatment can only consist in immersing seeds in a growth stimulator for better germination. You can buy Epin for this purpose. After that, seeds are sown to a depth of two centimeters in a loose, nutritious soil. Option one is soil from the store, option two is a mixture of garden soil, humus, and mineral fertilizer.You can pour ashes and superphosphate into the ground.
Crops are moistened, covered with a film, when the seedlings have risen, the film is removed, now you need watering with warm water and light. In the phase of 3-4 leaves the picking is carried out, after a week it can be added a feed with nitrogen content. Before planting on the street, the seedlings are quenched on a balcony or on the street. The transfer will be in the greenhouse already from the beginning of May, the main thing is that the earth is heated, on the street - closer to June.
It is better to spill the land on the plot with boiling water with manganese, pour it with ashes, this will kill the pathogenic microflora. Such measures help to reduce all the risks of infection to zero.
The soil is prepared in advance. They dig it up, remove weeds, sprinkle a spoonful of potassium and phosphorus based feed. You can make a little humus and sand for drainage. Seedlings planted rarely - no more than three bushes per meter. Watered with warm water. Throughout the season, mineral supplements and organic matter are added 3-4 times, but, most importantly, there is a high content of potassium and phosphorus, and not nitrogen, otherwise the process of fruit set will be inhibited.
It is watered when the soil dries, but it is abundant, better prepare the water in advance so that it stands and warms up. Pysynki remove everything that has reached a size of 8-10 cm. But one is left at the top to bring up the second stem - this is the formation. For the prevention of diseases, it is sometimes better to carry out spraying with a solution of manganese or Fitosporin. Always loosen the soil and you can sprinkle it with wood ash from parasites. You remember about supports, we talked about them at the beginning.
That's the whole technique, no difficulties, just some subtleties that you now know about.