So much we tell you about tomatoes, and we’ll talk about them again. And why we started all the same with the fact that the modern age is rich in innovations. This is not just because there are now various hybrid tomatoes, which is very easy to grow, since they are not afraid of harmful parasites and diseases, which from year to year sometimes destroy the lion’s share of the crop. Well, it is clear that it is about the hybrid tomato that will be discussed - the tomato variety “Bobcat” and its description is our today's topic.
A tomato with such an interesting and unusual name is the work of breeders from Holland. In our country, he is also known, the grade was entered in the register in 2008. Since then, it has been actively grown, summer residents praise. This is a hybrid view with its advantages, which consist in the fact that the variety is unpretentious, diseases and pests are not terrible for it. This saves a lot of time, helps summer residents, especially those who cannot be at the cottage every day, and in a day both ailments and the Colorado potato beetle can be impressively harmful. The strength of Bobkat can be attributed to its productivity, it will be described below.
This tomato pleases with its fruits, because they weigh a lot, they are very tasty. In general, the variety feels great even in bad season, it can grow outside and in the greenhouse. But these tomatoes do not like frosting, therefore you must either plant them in a greenhouse, or take into account the exact weather in your area. The rest is a very good grade. So take a look at “Bobcat”, and how to grow and its performance, you will learn in detail below.
See also: How to feed tomatoes for fruit ovary?
Tomato "Bobcat". Characteristics and description of the variety
- Refers to determinant species.
- Bushes are compact in size - 50-70 cm tall. Many places will not take a variety.
- Unpretentious in terms of weather conditions - it tolerates temperature drops and heat very well.
- Hybrid variety that gives the best harvest in the first season of planting.
- Refers to late-ripening tomatoes. You will get your first crop 120-130 days after sowing. This is for some summer residents minus.
- It can be grown both in open ground and in closed ground.
- It has a high resistance to major tomato diseases.
- Large-fruited tomato - the weight of tomatoes can reach up to 250 grams. The minimum size is 150 grams.
- If you properly care for the variety, you can get a very good harvest - 8-10 kg. On average, 6 kg.
- It can grow in all regions of the country, but greenhouses are needed in the north. It also tolerates a lack of moisture.
- Gives very tasty tomatoes, fragrant and juicy.
- The color of the tomatoes is red, the skin is thick, it saves the crop from cracking.
- The flesh is dense, the average quantity of seeds in it
- The shape of the fruit is flattened and round.
- Very tasty tomatoes, if they are fresh, but also for the juice, sauces, preparations for the winter, the harvest is also suitable. According to reviews, pasta and juice are especially tasty.
- Fruits are stored well, can be grown for sale, as it is easy to transport them.
- Plus, the variety is also in the fact that it forms large fruits throughout the growing season, and not just at the beginning, like a number of other tomatoes.
Here is such a good hybrid. If you have not yet chosen what you will plant, look for seeds for the next season, you can try to grow Bobcat, because, as you understand, he has many advantages, and, most importantly, the crop is not afraid of diseases. This is a great option for all regions and for beginners who still have little understanding in garden affairs.After all, often the first problems in the garden or in the garden, the lack of information makes people retreat from the idea of growing their products. Well, we proceed to the process itself from scratch, so to speak.
So, if you are a resident of warm regions, then you can grow a tomato without problems on the street, if your weather may not please you with warmth, in terms of returning frosts, it is better to use film covers or a greenhouse. The rest of the tomato is easy to grow. Crops begin in the first and second decade of March, when using warm and closed ground, you can plant seeds at the end of February, as we remember that the dates of fruiting are late. Presowing treatment is not needed, but if you live in regions where crops often suffer from ailments, you can use a solution of manganese for prevention - it is quick, cheap and easy.
It is better for gardeners to coordinate all their actions with the lunar calendar, it is an indispensable assistant on the way to harvest.
After picking in two weeks, you can add mineral supplements. Before planting on the street will need to harden seedlings. In the greenhouse and on the street it is better to prepare the soil in advance. A greenhouse needs careful treatment at all times to reduce pathogens and all risks. Outside, you need to dig up the soil, add humus to the hole and superphosphate, you can pour in the purchased soil by half, and then plant the seedlings.
The transfer will be after all frosts in your area, in the greenhouse before. Landing is carried out in a checkerboard pattern at a distance of 50-60 cm from each other. The first feed is applied after transfer in two weeks, it is best to use fertilizers with nitrogen to build up green mass, then fertilizers with potassium and phosphorus should prevail. You can buy drugs or harvest organic. In addition, of course, the seedlings are watered, but not poured, remove weeds. The greenhouse is always aired, the soil is loosened, which gives the earth more air.
Variety “Bobkat” is very resistant to diseases and pests, but sometimes the whitefly, which “Konfidor” breeds well, can bother him, as well as many insect insects are afraid of odorous infusions that you can do yourself using spicy herbs, spices, weeds, such as wormwood. It is also worth noting that infusions on weeds are very good as fertilizers, so experienced summer residents often use nettle, in which there are a lot of useful substances both for us and for cultivated plants. This is how you can get the result from the Bobcat tomato, which, according to reviews, will not disappoint you. Look at the photo of the fruit - the yield and quality depends both on the variety itself and on your caring efforts.
A good tomato that anyone can grow. Competent agrotechnology and the lunar calendar is the key to success.