If you like to preserve tomatoes, then you will definitely need a selection of 5 best varieties of tomatoes for pickling. They differ from other species in the correct form, have a solid skin, are quickly salted. Tomatoes for pickling can be grown both in the greenhouse and in the open field. Choose the appropriate variety, based on their characteristics and its description.
Tomatoes "Children's Sweetness"
Tomatoes are so called because of their small compact size and sweet taste. Maximum fruit weight does not exceed 50-70 g. The shape, slightly elongated to the bottom, resembles an oval. The color of the peel is bright red. The peel reliably protects the pulp from cracking.
Bushes are low, height is 50-60 cm. Up to 2-2.5 kg of tomatoes ripen on each bush. The maximum yield is 6-7 kg per planting meter. Ripening starts from the end of July. Basically, Children's joy is grown in the open field, the variety has good frost resistance. However, for the northern areas with a short summer, you can grow plants under the film.
The advantages of the variety are called:
- sweet flesh;
- minimal care for plants;
- quick ripening;
- strong immunity;
- long shelf life of fruits.
There are no obvious deficiencies in the variety, but gardeners note reduced yields during cold summer.
When growing children's joy there are the following nuances:
- planting seedlings produced in open ground no earlier than mid-May;
- bushes after planting immediately tie up;
- water the tomatoes at least once a week;
- Feed potash supplements during flowering and after.
The grade is considered unpretentious in cultivation and will be suitable for the beginning gardeners.
The entire harvest must be removed before the cold snap, otherwise the fruit will spoil.
Tomato variety Verlioka was specially bred for planting in open ground. The variety is considered to be medium early; it takes up to 110 days from the moment of planting the seeds to harvest. Verlioka forms tall bushes up to 2 m, needs tying up. Low temperatures tolerate well, so you can grow throughout the country, including the cold regions.
Tomatoes grow round, weighing 50-70 g with bright red skin. Suitable for preservation is excellent, easily fit even in small jars. Verlioka is weakly affected by tobacco mosaic, cladosporium, phytophthora.
The positive qualities of the variety are as follows:
- stable yield up to 5 kg from one bush;
- beautiful fruit shape;
- good immunity to disease;
- resistance to low temperature.
The disadvantages of tomatoes called the mediocre taste of the fruit. Their flesh is too watery and not dense, so the shelf life of tomatoes is low.
Among the features of growing called:
- the need for periodic fertilizing with mineral fertilizers and organic matter to stabilize the taste;
- regular watering and loosening of the soil every 3-4 days;
- pasynkovanie bushes from the beginning of cultivation. The plant is 1-2 stems, no more, the rest are cut off.
Verlioka grows well on slightly acidified soil, but does not tolerate the land on which peppers and eggplants previously grew.
Tomatoes for pickling "Summer resident"
For regions with cold and short summers, the variety is well suited. Summer resident. It is suitable for planting in open ground. Shrubs are low, rarely exceed 60 cm. It is easy to care for plants, no skills are required.Fruiting begins actively 80 days after planting the seeds. Harvest peak begins in mid-July, if the seedlings are planted in May.
Tomatoes are spiced red and round, very attractive in appearance. The mass of one fruit is 80-100 g. The taste of tomatoes is sweet and sour. Due to the low sugar content, fruits can be stored for a long time, up to 3 months. Productivity makes 3-4 kg from one bush.
The positive qualities of the Summer Resident include:
- early fruit ripening;
- strong immune qualities;
- high quality fruit;
- good keeping quality
The Summer Resident has no significant drawbacks, but the variety is a hybrid: it is impossible to harvest seeds from fruits for the next year.
Summer resident has features in growing:
- seeds are not planted before the end of March, since flowering begins very early;
- seedlings are planted in open ground when it turns 55-60 days;
- on one landing meter have no more than 7 bushes.
For the rest, cultivation and care are no different from other tomato varieties.
Summer resident can be grown in a greenhouse in order to achieve higher yields and greater weight of the fruit.
Tomatoes "Ladies' Man"
For those who choose varieties for salting larger, well suited Ladies Satcher. It is suitable for street planting in the south of the country and in its center. In Siberia and beyond the Urals, plants can be planted in greenhouses. Shrubs tall in length reach 1.7-2 meters. Pasynkov form a little, the plants from the moment of transplanting to a permanent place requires a garter to the trellis or to any support.
The fruits of the Ladies' Ogenerate have an early term for ripening. From the moment of sowing the grains to the harvest, it takes 90 days. Tomatoes ripen at the same time, the skin color is red. Fruit weight is not more than 150 g. The taste is predominantly sweet, but there is sourness. The flesh is dense, but with plenty of juice.
The advantages of the Ladies' Man include:
- the sweet taste of tomatoes;
- high yield up to 7 kg per plant;
- low education stepchildren;
- uniform and fast ripening.
Negative moments are called low frost resistance of tomatoes. Plants do not tolerate temperature extremes.
Features of the cultivation of Ladies Man called:
- early transplant to a permanent place. It is necessary to have time to spend in the middle of May in the greenhouse, and in open ground only from the second half of the month;
- the distance between plants should not be less than 60 cm. The owner cannot tolerate thickening;
- frequent watering. Plants need to be watered in the morning and at least 2-3 times a week.
The fruits of the Ladies' Man are suitable not only for preservation, but also for fresh consumption. Especially tasty tomatoes are obtained if they were grown in a greenhouse.
Salt tomatoes "Buratino"
The cultivar of tomatoes can be called Pinocchio because of the bizarre shape of the fruit with an oblong tip. Tomatoes are elongated, their shape is oval. The weight is small, usually 100-150 g. The flesh is tender with a sour-sweet taste. In one brush matures 3-5 pieces. Sprawling shrubs, but low. The length of the plant does not exceed 1.5 m. From 1 square meter of planting it is possible to get 6-7 kg of yield.
Pinocchio is grown on the street, allowed greenhouse planting. The variety tolerates drought well, but does not like excess moisture in the soil. Plants are resistant to verticillosis, macrosporosis, pests and insects.
Pinocchio has many virtues. Among them:
- unpretentious care and ease of growing;
- interesting shape and good taste of the fruit;
- strong immunity;
- drought tolerance.
There are no negative moments for the variety. Gardeners recommend it for planting.
The peculiarities of growing varieties of Pinocchio include:
- late sowing of seeds for seedlings 60 days before the intended planting;
- on 1 square meter have no more than 4 bushes;
- watering should be no more than 2 times a week;
- required fertilizing with mineral fertilizers.
Ripening of tomatoes in the open field begins from the end of July and lasts until October.
All described varieties have high taste characteristics, and their main purpose is salting. The liked variety can be bought in a seed shop or you can buy seedlings at an exhibition, and then simply transplant it to the site. From non-hybrid varieties, you can prepare seeds that are useful for planting next year.