Strong root system is the key to active growth and development of the plant. Stimulate the formation of adventitious roots, contributing to the provision of additional nutrition, helps a special method that allows you to grow a strong bush of tomatoes on the roots of two adjacent plants.
Find out how to use it, help the proposed material.
The essence of the method, the advantages and disadvantages
Most often, the method is used when the seedlings have grown weakened, the stems are strongly stretched and thinned, or with a large number.
The essence of the method consists in the formation of a common aboveground part in two plants with separate root systems.
By lactation, a type of vaccination is called when two shoots growing alongside are crossed.
Advantages of the method:
- increases yield by 30-40%;
- accelerates the ripening of tomatoes;
- favorably affects the size of the fruit;
- improves immunity, which increases resistance to infections;
- increases the growing season.
Low-growing varieties (Riddle, Raja, Astrakhan and others.) Are better amenable because they have dense stems, not as high as those of tall varieties.
You can successfully cross a variety with the taste you like and a variety that is resistant to infections. The result will be a bush with a high yield of tasty fruits.
Inoculation can be performed on bushes transplanted into the ground, and can be applied when diving seedlings.
The best time for the procedure is an overcast cool day or evening, preferably on a rising moon.
Overgrown seedlings often break during the procedure, so a few days before it is necessary to stop watering, which will make the stems sluggish and less fragile. In such a seedling the height of the grafting over the soil should be 10 - 12 cm.
A large role is played by the age of the plant - in young people the stem is round, the flesh is not very dense, therefore fusion occurs better than in older adults, because the stem is flattened, the pulp is fibrous.
How to conduct:
- sprouts grown in the usual way are dived by two seedlings into a cup at a distance of 2-3 cm with an inclination towards each other;
- inoculations should be made when the stem reaches a thickness of 4-5 mm;
- in the place of the nearest inclination, cut off the stem of the stem with a thin blade and cut along the oblique (45 °) from the stock from top to bottom, and from the scion - from bottom to top;
- the depth of the incision is one third of the thickness of the stem, the length is 6-7 mm;
- an incision in the graft is sent to the notch in the stock, as if to hook them;
- place the junction tightly without squeezing, fix with narrow (5 mm) gauze bandage, a piece of thin cotton fabric, soft twine (dense material that does not receive air, cannot be used - the process of decay will begin);
- cut the stem of the stock over the site of inoculation after the stalks grow together, wrapping the cut with a bandage winding (you can remove it after 7 days).
Care after vaccination
A grafted bush for the first two days is recommended to be placed under the package in order to create greenhouse conditions and reduce evaporation. You should also protect it for 5-6 days from the bright sun, creating shading.
Try to keep the temperature in the place of detention not too high - 20 ° - 22 ° C, water moderately and only with water at room temperature.
When the plant is rooted and mature, you can transplant it in a greenhouse or on a ridge, cutting off the lower leaves (1-2). When placed in the hole, the roots need to be slightly moved apart from each other so that they occupy a large area, thereby increasing the supply of nutrients, bind the stem to the support under the graft and slightly higher.
Bushes of tomatoes need to be staved. Arbitrary plant growth will result in lower yields. For…
Feed a grafted plant with mineral and organic fertilizers every 10 days.
After reviewing the rules of growing tomatoes on two roots, you can grow strong healthy plants, giving a bountiful harvest of tasty juicy fruits.