Cherry is translated from English as “cherry”, that is, small fruits weighing no more than 30 g. It is for their small size that everyone loves them so much, especially children.
“Dark chocolate” - a nondeterminant tomato of a non-hybrid type, begins to bear fruit on 110–120 days from the day the seeds germinate. Durable and unpretentious in all respects. Fruits, as follows the type of cherry, small, collected in a brush from 10 to 12 pieces.
Characteristic and description
- Mid-season grade, that is, seeding is carried out from March 15 to 22.
- For film greenhouses.
- Tall, requires the formation and mandatory garters.
- Fruits are medium-sized, dark in color with a brown tinge.
- Yield, on average, from one bush collect up to 5 kg.
- The brushes are elongated, harmonious ripening from 10 to 12 fruits.
- The fruit weighs from 20 to 30 g.
- Great taste.
- Suitable for fresh consumption and blanks.
- Transfer transportation, can be stored for a long time.
- Can ripen in a torn form, without losing taste.
Description of the bush
Tomato "Dark chocolate" refers to the indeterminant type, that is, it is a real vine, which grows without stopping. Therefore, pasynkovanie and the formation of the bush. It is best to lead in 1-2 of the trunk, planted on 1 sq. M. 3 bushes that provide light to the tomatoes.
The color of the tomato is unusual: chocolate color with a noble green tint at the very stem. They look like toys.
Fruits are juicy, two-chamber, have an elastic and dense skin that allows them to be stored well and does not deteriorate during transportation.
They taste very pleasant: a harmonious combination of sugars, which are sufficient, and acids.
Disease and Pest Resistance
Tomato variety is represented by producers as “resistant” to pests and diseases. But prevention, nevertheless, should be carried out.
- This is a crop rotation, and if there is no possibility in the greenhouse to do this, then before planting the greenhouse must be treated with sulfur.
- Air, that is, open the doors and transom, to avoid high humidity.
- Do not thicken the landing: the availability of sunlight - the guarantee of health.
- Feed and water the plants in time so that their immunity can withstand diseases.
Or you can advise for spraying whey in a ratio of 1 liter of water and 1 liter of serum.Lactic acid bacteria, like yeast, multiply, will destroy alien spores on plants.
Namely, this disease is dangerous for the prolonged fruiting of tomato indeterminate varieties.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages include:
- taste and type of fruit;
- good harvest, up to 5 kg or more from a bush;
- excellent behavior during storage and transportation of fruits, that is, tomatoes do not lose their qualities;
- universal value: not only eaten raw, but ideal for harvesting dried tomatoes, as well as for canning. With its appearance, cherry decorate any assorted, and thanks to its small size, it is good for them to complement the voids in the banks.
This plus is more powerful than all.
And what is attributed to the minuses?
- The formation of a bush is required, but all tall varieties need to tear off the stepchildren.
- The grade is intended for the greenhouse. So what? Minus a stretch. I want to say to the growers that buying seeds, pay attention to the characteristics. Many varieties for outdoor use.
Features of growing
Growing a tomato "Dark chocolate", given the description of the variety, is a snap.
Observing the rules, you can get a great harvest of excellent quality, surprising the unusual fruits of neighbors and loved ones.
- To plant seedlings in a greenhouse not earlier than May 10, so that the soil warms to 17 ° C, this condition will allow the seedling to grow faster.
- Planting tall varieties do not thicken, recommend 3 plants per meter.
- The greenhouse must be at least two meters in height, well ventilated. Plants to tie to the trellis.
- Cutting off all stepchildren, except the strongest after the first flower brush, forming a bush two stalks, tearing off the lower leaves as the fruits are poured.
- Cherry fruits are allowed to ripen on the bush, so they get tastier, and the color will be a rich brown color.
- Water this variety a little more often than for large-fruited tomatoes, but do not pour every day: it is optimal to water every three days.
- Mulch under the bush necessarily.
- Top dressing in the hole when planting ash 1 liter and superphosphate - 2 tablespoons. Feeding a mullein cherry is not worth it, it is better to do foliar dressing.
In mid-August, pinch the top of the bush so that all the fruits have time to ripen.
During flowering "shake" the bushes for a complete ovary of all flower stalks.
Nothing complicated. All efforts will not be in vain.
Excellent harvests to you!
Video: Black Tomatoes