If you still do not know what will be planted in the new season or you have not been pleased with past harvests, then we advise you to read about the tomato “Ox-ears”, its characteristics and description of the variety. This is a very decent tomato, which many gardeners have already appreciated and made their favorite, planting from year to year.
The “ox ear” with its unusual name is the work of Russian breeders. The variety has many advantages, among which are tasty fruits, good yield. With regards to disease, then if you take care during planting on the disinfection of seed material, then phytophthora, mosaic or rot you will not be afraid.
It is also worth noting that the fruits can be plucked in the fall, when they are not ripe, at home they will quickly move into a phase of full ripeness. Tomatoes can be grown for sale, they tolerate transportation, do not burst, do not rot. In a word, a very good tomato is tasty and fragrant, and a lot of attention will not be required.
Tomato "ox ear". Characteristics and description of the variety
- Determinant view. It does not have a final growth point.
- Bushes grow tall, they need support. This can be called a small minus of tomato.
- Bushes are powerful, but the leaves on them are not very much, which is good for the harvest - the fruits ripen evenly, the moisture does not linger, which, in turn, does not lead to the development of a pathogenic environment.
- One brush forms an average of 4-6 tomatoes.
- Fruits can weigh up to 300 grams, they can be preserved as a whole, when the tomatoes are smaller and cut.
- High-yielding variety. So, the “Bull's Ears” tomato, you see the photo, according to reviews, and according to information from the producers can produce more than 6-8 kg of tasty fruits.
- Treats grades with average terms of maturing. So, you can collect tomatoes in about 110-115 days.
- The shape of tomatoes plum.
- The skin is glossy, smooth. The flesh is juicy, sweet, pleasant, not watery.
- Tomato is not a hybrid, it means that you can sow the seeds that you get from this year's crop for the next season.
- It has good resistance to diseases, but prevention is still needed.
- Tomato gives stable yields both in the open field and under the film cover.
- The skin is dense, it protects the fruits from cracks, does not cause discomfort during eating. It has a rich red color.
- The variety has a universal table purpose. The tomato perfectly showed itself during pickling, salting, it is pleasant to eat tomatoes and fresh.
- Cold-resistant variety that does not require special care.
- Formation in 1-2 stalks is required, which is also for some summer residents minus.
You met with the tomato "oxen's ears" and its description. Now you need to know and how to grow it. For experienced summer residents, we will not discover anything new, but for beginners information will be useful.
As we have said, this tomato does not have absolute resistance to diseases. Therefore, it is better for you to disinfect seeds before planting, soak them additionally in a growth stimulator. This will give future seedlings a good immunity, and even if the year turns out to be particularly difficult in terms of pathogen attacks, your bushes will feel good.
In the greenhouse or on the street, you will plant this tomato, it does not matter, but you should remember about the garter beforehand.That is, even when the seedlings are small, you must prepare the soil for it to be fertile, because it will be a better harvest, and make supports — a trellis or a rope. Of course, you can say that, they say, the neighbor in the dacha does not prepare the soil, and tomatoes grow for themselves, why should you waste time.
The fact is that the soil at each site may be different, as well as it varies from region to region. If the year does not turn out to be very favorable, the plants may start to hurt, but if they are processed at the sowing stage, they get maximum nutrients from the soil, then their immunity will be higher.
So, the simplest thing is to soak a week before planting the seeds in a solution of manganese, then rinse, and in a couple of days put it in the Epin. This is a very popular stimulant, we always recommend it. It is better to make crops immediately in a separate container, even better in the one that will decompose itself in the soil. So, you will not dive the seedlings, which can be time-consuming and you can break a lot of seedlings, and during the transfer of adaptation the seedlings will practically not be. You moisten the crops and place them under the film. By the time - this is March-April.
After the seeds have risen, they need light, watering. The soil is better to buy ready, it contains the necessary amount of nutrients, and seedlings can grow in it without feed. You can prepare the soil on the street by spilling boiling water on it, which will give additional disinfection, and then add humus, superphosphate, sand. You can use peat, ash, compost. Make a trellis right away.
Transfer of seedlings will be in May - June. One meter more than three plants do not plant. To form a bush at once, you remove the stepchildren, all but one at the top. So, there will be another stalk. If, nevertheless, a tomato disease has started in the neighbor’s cottage, then it is possible to spray manganese with a solution or treat the bushes with copper sulphate.
Top dressings bring, alternating organic and mineral. But as experience shows, the introduction of simple manure, explored in water, 2-3 times per season is quite enough. Moreover, such a fertilizer is not worth the money, it is safe for health. Well, even novices know about weed removal and loosening the soil after watering. It was all the information about the “ox-ear” tomatoes, and the description of the variety and cultivation will help to get the harvest of these tomatoes easily.
That's all the tricks. They seem time consuming, but with experience all actions are performed very quickly and without problems.