- general information
- Characteristic and description
- Disease and Pest Resistance
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Features of growing varieties
- Video: How to grow good tomatoes in the open field at the cottage
Like all hybrids, Pink Unicum f1 tomato is an unpretentious variety that incorporates the best qualities of its parents. Usually, these varieties are superior in many respects to their predecessors.
This variety was bred by Dutch breeders, and it came to our market thanks to the well-known company Monsanto, which has been supplying seeds to Russia since 2005.
Pink unique tomatoes are in great demand among buyers, and therefore farmers, large farms have given them preference. For growing in the country they are also perfect.
The tomato is included in the State Register of the Russian Federation "for cultivation under film shelters in personal subsidiary farms."
- The variety belongs to the indeterminate type, grows up to two meters.
- Mid-season F1 hybrid.
- 110–120 days pass from seedlings to the first fruit.
- High yields: from one bush can be collected 5-6 kg. It all depends on the region of cultivation.
- The brushes are small, but on the stem forms up to six flower branches.
- Universal purpose. They are good in fresh and canned form.
- Medium-sized fruits are tied well from 5 to 7 pieces per branch, if you provide care.
- For planting in greenhouses or film shelters.
Characteristic and description
The tomato bush “Pink Unicum f1” according to reviews and photos of its yield in greenhouses is distinguished among other tall varieties by the fact that even pink fruits hang all over the plant very abundantly.
Description of the bush
- although the plant belongs to the indeterminant type, that is, it can grow like a liana, but this hybrid does not grow above two meters, which is positive for low greenhouses;
- leaves of medium size;
- distance between the sheets is shortened;
- requires a garter to the trellis;
- brush tie is not required;
- for good performance, it is important to form a bush in one or two stems.
- taste is much better than other hybrids;
- fruits are smooth, rounded, beautiful bright pink color, even shade throughout the tomato;
- peduncle has slightly noticeable ribbing;
- average size 200–250g regardless of whether the brush is lower or upper;
- long can be stored;
- the skin is thin, but dense and elastic, which makes it easy to transport over long distances;
- tomatoes are not subject to cracking;
- There are many seed chambers - from 6 to 8
- pulp sugary, fleshy, but juicy;
- they taste sweetish, with a reduced content of ascorbic acid.
Video review of the original seed packaging tomato "Pink Unicum f1"
Disease and Pest Resistance
Of course, it’s not worth relying on the merits of a variety, if you don’t do anything to prevent diseases and pests, you can’t wait for the harvest.
Therefore, observing the necessary rules, you will get Pink Unicum f1 tomatoes, according to reviews and photos of bushes, made by gardeners, healthy and strong until the autumn.
Advantages and disadvantages
It's time to consider all the pros and cons of this pink wonderful tomato.
The obvious advantage is the following qualities:
- Taste! It is to him that people prefer when buying and growing.
- Its color and thin skin. It is great in salads, mashed potatoes and sauces.
- Good yield: up to 17 kg per square meter, the pride of every summer resident.
- Easy to grow thanks to the innate qualities of the hybrid.
- 100% fruit set under adverse conditions.
- Designed for transportation and storage.
- Resistant to viruses, have strong immunity.
- Can ripen if harvested ahead of time. This is a plus for regions with a short summer.
What should be attributed to the minuses?
Many consider minus the condition of plant formation and garter. But this is not a minus, but the rules for growing tall varieties.
Therefore, the disadvantages are:
- You can not collect the seeds, every year they need to buy again, at the risk of running into a fake.
- When cut, the stalk has a white stiff rod that has to be removed.
- With too long storage taste does not remain the same, but becomes “herbal”.
Summing up, we can say that there are more pluses than minuses. Especially for those who grow a variety for a big harvest, for sale and for transportation.
Features of growing varieties
Growing hybrids is easier than simple varieties. The shoots are friendly, the seedlings are as if picked, even and healthy.
Pink Unicum f1 seeds do not require soaking and dressing, as they are processed with a special compound.
Sown not earlier than mid-March in fertile soil to a depth of 1 cm.
Harmless means "phytosparin - M" perfectly disinfects the earth and plants from a whole list of diseases.
But no tool will not help if the germinated seeds put on a cold window sill. At night, the temperature can drop below the optimum night - 16 ° C, and this is detrimental to young shoots.
The first dressing should be done not earlier than two weeks after picking the plants. Many people buy ready-made complex fertilizers, such as "Agricola" or "Effecton", which is very convenient at home.
But there is a recipe, how to make the first feeding.
In the five-liter canister with water add:
- 20 g of superphosphate;
- 10 g of potassium sulfate;
- 5 g of urea.
This recipe is suitable for root and foliar feeding. You can spend it every two weeks.
Illumination with bright lamps is important from 7 in the morning until 22–00 in the evening, otherwise the seedlings will stretch. Plus temperature control.
The greenhouse itself should be prepared in advance, treated for pests and diseases. This is best done with sulfur or sulfur checkers.
Planted seedlings in prepared holes: a depth of 20 cm, filled in equal quantities with humus or compost and ash. To them add a handful of superphosphate, mix, pour warm water about 5 liters and plant the plant as deep as possible.
From above for the best air exchange pour mulch. She can serve as sifted peat, humus, mowed and chopped grass, sawdust, needles or rotted straw.
Mulch is important in the greenhouse because it does not form a crust on the ground, retards the growth of weeds and protects the roots from overheating. In addition, the mulch does not quickly evaporate moisture, leaving it at the roots.
Before setting fruit, tomato bushes can be fertilized with “nitrogen”. A recipe loved by many gardeners:
- 1 l of ready mullein infusion,
- 1 liter of green fertilizer infusion
- 1 l of sifted ash mixed in 10 liters of water, let it brew for 2 days. Water 1 liter under each root. Can be combined with watering.
After flowering begins, spraying with boric acid is carried out to increase fruit set and improve its taste: 5 g per 5 liters of water. Repeat in two weeks.
See also: Large crop of tomatoes at home
After the formation of all the ovaries do not do root dressing with nitrogen fertilizers. You can spray the vitamin composition. On 5 l of water we take:
- regular soda 1 tbsp. spoon;
- potassium permanganate (up to red, but not shift);
- 5 drops of iodine. Spray once a week. And if there is a serum, then instead of water, add it, which will provide with microelements, and protect against pathogenic fungi.
Do not forget to remove all the leaves before the first brush after the appearance of the fruit on it, and then gradually and the rest, as soon as the flowers will be tied. As a result, greens will remain only at the top.
For the Pink Unicum f1 variety, it’s best to form one or two stems, cut off all the other stepchildren! Thicken the bushes is unacceptable.
Having familiarized yourself with the Pink Unicum f1 tomato growing method, its characteristics and variety description, you can safely try growing this promising pink unique one on your own plots.
Excellent harvests to you!
Video: How to grow good tomatoes in the open field at the cottage