In the reviews of different varieties of heart-shaped tomatoes, such characteristics are often found: fresh taste, starchiness, unpleasant consistency of the flesh (like mashed potatoes), poor yield. However, reviews of gardeners from different regions about the same variety usually differ greatly. Taste, growth power of bushes, fertility depends on the climatic zone, weather factors, growing conditions and quality of care. Among heart-shaped tomatoes, there are clear favorites that give a good result almost everywhere.
Best Heart Tomatoes
The first “hearty” tomatoes were the Bullish heart pink and red, now the line of varieties has expanded considerably. Thanks to the work of breeders, you can choose options for the color of the fruit, taste and other characteristics. Let us describe the tomatoes in the shape of a heart, which received the most positive feedback from gardeners from different regions.
Most heart-shaped tomatoes have very fragile bushes, thin stems. Considering that the fruits are usually large without a quality garter is indispensable. Indeterminate bushes need to be driven by 2, maximum 3 stems.
For convenience, we divide the varieties of tomato color.
They differ from others in that they have a delicate taste, a pleasant consistency of pulp, thin skin, contain an increased amount of dry substances, sugars, antioxidants. Gardeners often praise such tomatoes as Yasha Yugoslav, Sensei, Fatima, Minusinsk pink, Cardio, Kosovo, Japanese, Mikado Siberiko, African liana. The best varieties will be described in more detail:
- Ukrainian Miracle of the Earth. Sredneranny tomato for open beds and greenhouses. Indeterminate bush. Immunity to diseases is excellent; there is a risk of cracking in rainy weather. Tomatoes from 350 grams to kilograms, the first largest, then gradually shrink. Taste is good, sweet, absolutely without acid, aroma with fruit notes. Productivity is high.
- Russian beauty. It is admitted to cultivation in all regions in the open and closed ground, and also under film shelters. It is ripening in average terms, the bush is indeterminate. Productivity to 9 kg / m ². The plant is resistant to Fusarium, tobacco mosaic virus. Tomatoes are dense, slightly ribbed, weighing from 160 to 380 grams. Taste sweet without acid.
- Batyana. Early, indeterminantny grade for cultivation in the greenhouse and OG. Immunity to diseases is excellent. Tomatoes from 150 to 450 grams, slightly ribbed, medium density, fleshy. The taste is excellent, no acid. Productivity up to 3 kg / m².
Traditional red tomatoes most often have a taste of sourness, weak or pronounced. They have less lycopene content than pink ones. To begin with, let us enumerate the varieties and hybrids that 80% of summer residents like: Bulgarian and Belarusian hearts, Cone, the Miracle of Walford, Andijan, Inseparable hearts. We now turn to the description of the best varieties:
- Vater Raine. Mid-season, semi-determinant (up to 1, 5 meters) tomato for greenhouses. Tomatoes with an elongated spout from 350 to 700 grams, sometimes up to a kilogram, fleshy, sweet, dense. The yield is high, immunity to infections, pests are good.
- Budenovka. Designed for greenhouses, film shelters, landing in the exhaust gas is only possible in the south.The ripening period is medium early, indeterminate bush. Fruits heavily ribbed from 150 to 400 grams. Taste is saturated, balanced, pleasant. Productivity about 9, 5 kg / m ².
- Heart Kangaroo. Mid-season, indeterminantny grade for an open ground and greenhouses. The plant is unpretentious, resistant to adverse weather factors, diseases, pests. Productivity up to 14 kg / m². Tomatoes are fleshy, dense, taste sweet, sweet.
Tomato Heart Kangaroo - one of the best for cooking lecho, juices, ketchups, pastes and adzhik.
Tomatoes with black, blue, brown, chocolate and violet fruits are considered the most useful. They have a harmonious sugar-acid index, a very rich taste, but with improper cultivation they can be watery and fresh. Among the heart-shaped varieties, Mikado black is noticeably distinguished, Bull heart is black, but the following deserve special attention:
- The black heart of Breda. Indeterminate, mid-season tomato for greenhouses and open beds. It can be cultivated in Siberia, in the Urals. Tomatoes are maroon-black with a purple tint, the stem has a greenish spot, from which there are beautiful strokes to the middle of the fruit. Productivity is high (especially in the greenhouse), immunity to disease is increased. Tomatoes 200–500 grams, sweet.
- Cherokee purple heart-shaped. Mid-season, productive, indeterminate tomato for open and closed ground. Disease immunity is good. Fruits are dense, purple-purple, juicy, fleshy, taste is excellent. The average weight is 350 grams.
- Violet Strawberry. Indeterminantny, productive variety, ripening in the medium term, disease resistant, prone to cracking. Planting in open beds is possible only in regions with early spring, warm, long summer. Fruits are ribbed, pinkish-purple, sweet, juicy, fleshy from 250 to 400 grams.
Yellow and orange tomatoes
These varieties attract with their brightness, incredibly delicate taste, often with fruity notes. These tomatoes are considered the leaders in sugar content, if the acid prevails, it means that the rules of agricultural engineering are not followed. Attention deserves such varieties as Yellow Bun, Orange Berry, Yellow Scallops, Golden Domes. Leading positions are occupied by other varieties and hybrids:
- Orange German Strawberry. Early, indeterminate tomato with good immunity to the main diseases of tomatoes and to adverse weather conditions. The taste is very sweet, fruity. Fruits are not dry, fleshy, with practically no grains from 220 to 750 grams. Productivity is consistently high.
- Liskin nose (Orange heart). Tall, early tomato with a short shelf life of the crop. The fruits are fleshy, juicy, 180–450 grams, very tasty. The yield is about 6 kg / m², resistance to adverse weather conditions is excellent, and moderate to disease.
- Nizami It ripens in average terms, it is indeterminate bushes, in its suburbs it is recommended to grow it in a film or polycarbonate greenhouse, for the Urals, Siberia, Leningrad the variety is not suitable. Tomatoes are compact, fleshy, sweet, from 150 to 430 grams. The flesh has an oily consistency, almost no seeds. Productivity up to 10 kg / m², increased immunity to disease.
Tomatoes with several shades
Gardeners pay a lot of attention to bicolor heart-shaped tomatoes. The main feature of these tomatoes is an unusual color (several shades, blurry or clearly defined). The most popular are: Heart of Love, Canadian Heritage or Canada, Sergeant Pepper, Rusty Heart of Everett. The highest grades were awarded to such varieties and hybrids:
- Orange Russian 117. Mid-season, indeterminate tomato recommended for greenhouses, open ground. Disease immunity is weak.Fruits from 150 to 300 grams, fleshy, juicy. Fruits are light orange with pink stains and strokes, the spout is colored scarlet. Productivity about 6 kg / m².
- Broken heart. A tall, mid-season tomato, in warm areas, it can be grown without shelter, in the middle lane and in cool regions only in the greenhouse. Tomatoes from 150 to 450 grams, fleshy, sweet. The color is dark pink, the skin on the entire surface is decorated with golden stripes. Productivity is high.
- Pineapple Heart. Mid-season, indeterminantny variety resistant to diseases and cracking. Fruits of 280–600 grams, fleshy, spicy-sweet, without acid. The skin color is monochromatic, chocolate, the pulp in the cut is bicolor, the middle one is burgundy, and orange-green closer to the walls.
Knowing what varieties of heart-shaped tomatoes other gardeners emit, it will be much easier for you to choose something for yourself. Do not forget, all indeterminant tomatoes require staging, trimming leaves, limiting growth. Pinching is done to ensure that the already formed ovaries have fully matured before the onset of autumn. If one ignores the elementary rules of agricultural cultivation, one cannot hope for a bountiful, high-quality harvest. Absolutely all varieties, even the most unpretentious require attention.