To transform the cottage does not require much effort, a bright and original flowerbed will help to make the site more picturesque. Such transformations are carried out by landscape designers, but you can do without a specialist and make beautiful flowerbeds of perennials with your own hands at the cottage.
- 1 Benefits of Perennials
- 2 What to consider when choosing perennials for flower beds
- 3 Types of flower beds
- 4 Color combinations in the flowerbed
- 5 Longline flower beds
- 6 Creating flower beds in Siberia
- 7 Schemes of beautiful flower beds from perennials
- 8 Original ideas of flower beds from perennials
Benefits of Perennials
The reasons why to create flower beds you need to choose perennials:
- Perennial plants grow and bloom again from year to year.
- They multiply by rhizomes, seeds and processes, so it will be possible to expand the flower bed or form a new one.
- They require care, but they do not have to be planted every year, since the roots do not die off, only the top of the plants dies.
- Perennials do not drain the earth.
- Many perennials have medicinal properties, planting them, you can create your own green first-aid kit.
What to consider when choosing perennials for flower beds
To successfully decorate a summer cottage with a beautiful flower bed of perennials, several rules must be taken into account:
- All flowers selected for the flowerbed should grow well on existing soil. Fertile soil is suitable for lupine, bell. Planting with them asters and yarrow, preferring marshy soils, is not worth it.
- Do not forget about the natural topography of the site. The ledges, lowlands, various features of the relief can be advantageously used to create floral arrangements.
- Perennials must be adapted to this climate zone.
- When planting plants, one must take into account their preferences in lighting. To place light-loving perennials in the shade is not worth it.
- Do not plant plants too close to each other so that they have no problems with growth.
Types of flower beds
A beautiful composition of flowers can be performed not only in the form of a flower bed in its traditional sense. There are flower beds of various types and forms. Let's consider some of them.
It is a narrow strip of flowers of several types. Landed along the fences and walls of houses.
This is a kind of border of flowers. Low-growing plants, planted in the form of a strip, are framed by paths and paths. Assumes the presence of flowers of one or two varieties.
Can be moved to different places on the site. Climbing plants and outstanding perennials are suitable for flowerpots.
The original geometric shape of flowers. It includes not only flowers, but also gravel, stones and pebbles.
- Rock garden or alpine hill.
It is a combination of flowers, artificial mountainous terrain and large stones. Creeping plants are used. The composition is appropriate even on a modest-sized site.
The plants that make it up bloom at different times, so the flower garden will change throughout all seasons. This type of flower bed is located in spots or groups.
A video about the process of creating a mixborder will help you to repeat the same bright flower garden in your area.
Color combinations in the flowerbed
To create a beautiful and harmonious flowerbed with your own hands, you should think about combinations that will be pleasing to the eye.
- Monochrome. The flower bed is planted with plants of the same color, but in different shades. Creating a flower bed of perennials, you can add bright boring accents in the form of plants of other flowers.
- White shades. White also looks good in combination with blue. A suitable combination of colors can be daisies, bells and tulips.
- Gradient. To create the effect of a smooth transition from one color to another, you should plant bright perennials in the center, surround with plants lighter, arrange even brighter at the edges.
- For example, the red flowers in the center surround with orange and plant yellow at the edges.
- A romantic plot will help to create pink, purple and lilac shades.
Longline flower beds
One of the spectacular types of flower beds from perennials is longline. The original look gives it a selection of plants of different heights. Such a flower bed not only looks beautiful, but also provides a comfortable existence for all its constituent plants, avoiding competition.
Win-win design option:
- Tall plants land in the center.
- Next to them are representatives of medium-sized flora.
- The flower bed is framed by undersized herbs.
Creating flower beds in Siberia
Perennials prefer a temperate climate. In harsh conditions, when the earth freezes, not all species coexist and eventually die. However, there are perennials that feel great in the Siberian climate.
Traditionally, three-tier flower beds are created in Siberia. This provides a flowering garden throughout the season. The effect of continuous flowering is created due to the fact that all planted perennials begin to bloom at different times. Thus, when some have bloomed, others begin to bloom.
- The first tier. The height of plants is up to 30 cm. Trees surround these plants and make paths. Usually bloom first. Short: lily of the valley, pansies, primrose.
- The second tier. Height is less than 0.5 m. Medium-sized: tulip, daffodil, mesh iris, scylla.
- Third tier. Height is more than 50 cm. It can be bushes or single tall flowers. Tall: real bedstraw, New Belgian aster, phlox.
Schemes of beautiful flower beds from perennials
Before planting flowers, you need to consider how a flowerbed will look. To do this, a scheme is drawn up where the location, flowering dates and shades of the selected plants are displayed.
Examples of simple schemes for creating beautiful flower beds from perennials that every beginner will be able to realize in the country with their own hands:
Scheme number 1
A simple but harmonious version of the flowerbed:
- Panicled phlox of pink shades.
- Pink Astilbe.
- Violet-silver daylily.
- Geicher with lavender leaves.
- The geranium is magnificent.
All plants included in the scheme in the photo bloom in the fall, and begin to bloom in July or May.
Scheme No. 2
Flower bed composed of perennials of different heights:
Scheme number 3
The flower arrangement, collected on the site in different shades of the same color, looks harmonious with well-chosen combinations.
Note! If the resulting combination of perennials in a country flowerbed was not to your liking, do not be upset. You can replace one plant with another in order to achieve the desired result.
Scheme number 4
It looks advantageous and easy to create flower beds from simple shapes.
Taking the shape of the heart as a basis, and planting low or medium-sized flowers around its perimeter, you can get a spectacular flowerbed.
It is not worth using tall plants to create figures, since the whole beauty of a flower bed cannot be appreciated without looking at it from above. Lush flowers are suitable for heart contours. You can fill the central part with the help of small flowers of various shades.
Scheme number 5
Ideal for beginners, the idea of a flowerbed in the form of an island is easy to carry out and subsequent care.
Creating such a flower bed does not take much time and does not require clear boundaries when planting plants. The color scheme can be varied. The use of different colors gives a feeling of naturalness of the flowerbed, but a one-color option is acceptable.
Creating such a flower bed, it is necessary to select perennials not only in color but also in height. An island consisting only of short or only tall plants will lose its charm. The key to success is perennials of different heights.
Scheme number 6
A variant of a beautiful and simple flowerbed of perennials in the form of a rabatka:
- Hybrid tea rose.
- 3 spurs.
- 5 phlox panicled.
- 5 bells are peachy.
- 5 small pebbles.
- 4 majestic geraniums.
- 4 cuffs soft.
Given the peculiarities of building a discount, you can try to create your own scheme of such a flower garden and make it yourself on the site with your own hands.
Workers come in several forms:
- One sided. Tall plants occupy the back, and low plants remain on the front.
- Bilateral. Their main difference between the other species is in the center. It is filled with high perennials, and the side parts are given low. Observe symmetry is optional.
- Symmetrical. It has a clear shape, maintains symmetry with respect to the center, located between two paths or tracks.
- Asymmetric. It is an alternation of short and tall crops.
- Intermittent. If the plants are too tall, leave spaces between them for lower perennials, the use of flat stones and dividing tiles is allowed. This decor can be made of granite with wooden trim. Smooth green spaces are also used to create borders. It is important to monitor them and be careful so that the discount remains pleasing to the eye.
When planting a discount, it should be remembered that in flower beds from perennials, where it is important to maintain a clear border, you can leave small gaps, fill them with annual plants. This is due to the property of perennials to grow over time. Weeding, watering and feeding the flower garden, you can maintain its worthy appearance until the onset of frost.
Having gained valuable experience in creating simple flower beds, you can not stop there and look for a creative approach to their design. It is worth trying to show imagination and independently come up with original compositions, realize the most daring floral ideas.
Original ideas of flower beds from perennials
You can get inspiration for creating beautiful and pleasing flower beds from perennials in your own country with your own hands by looking at photos of spectacular and extraordinary flower beds decorating other people's sites.